Sunday, December 2, 2012

El Escorial y Valle de los caídos

Friday I missed the excursion to San Antonio de Florida in exchange for researching and writing my econ final paper that was due that midnight and was 60% of my grade. It was a little stressful but went well. Saturday I got up early to head over to El Escorial. There we checked out a huge monastery where all the kings of Spain and their families are buried. Then we had huge steaks for lunch and hopped on the bus for 15minutes to the 'Valley of the Fallen' where Fransisco Franco is buried. Despite the cold, it was a very cool place to check out for day on our last program excursion. I have finals this week in my Cursos Estudios Hispanicos and then will have one class left that ends in a couple weeks. Thursday I leave in the afternoon for Amsterdam to visit Andrew Cohen and Ilir is tagging along now on a last minute. It should be a good weekend to celebrate the end of finals and get ready for the home stretch of the semester abroad. 3 weeks left and going to make them count.

No comments:

Post a Comment