Thursday, September 20, 2012

9/20 Update

So much has gone on I can't even begin to touch the surface of how much fun our whole group is having here. Not one day has ended without something eventful taking place. I'll start with the basics... Class has taken up a lot of the daytime during the week as most of my classes are spread out throughout the day until around 5-7ish. Since my house is an hour away I can't really go back and nap, which kind of sucks. I am not exactly sure what is going on in one of my classes and am surprisingly relaxed about this seemingly shitty situation. I have been attempting to workout and even played squash with Bohao today (he was a table tennis pro in China or something). At night we always go out and do something so still sleep has not been in the picture here. Toledo was a nice day trip last weekend, but in my opinion, was very similar to Santiago with a couple of synagogues as well. This Tuesday a group of us went over to Santiago-Bernabeu for the Real Madrid vs. Manchester City game. This was by far the craziest, most exciting sporting event I have ever been too. We scored 2 goals in the last few minutes to take the game from the reigning English Premier League Champions. On Sunday a couple of us went to the most famous synagogue in Madrid for Rosh Hashana. We got questioned individually and fairly intensely by some Mosad guys, which was very comparable to customs coming back from Israel. There were a crazy amount of cops outside the temple for security. Nevertheless, we paid, got in and saw the Ashkenazi service that went by surprisingly quickly. Tomorrow morning I am flying out of Madrid to meet up with Andrew Cohen in Munich. The opening ceremonies for Oktoberfest are this Saturday and hopefully we can make our way into one of the beer tents bright and early.  I have trips planned for Sensation White in Copenhagen and Amsterdam so far. We are going to book Barcelona tickets soon and Andrew and I are thinking about going over to Italy in late December. I'll give another post ideally on Monday regarding Munich and the festivities.
Joey

No comments:

Post a Comment