Monday, September 3, 2012

Leaving For Madrid

So we're taking off today and leaving for the airport in a couple of hours. It's crazy how time flies by, but I think we're all ready to get started on the semester in Madrid. Last night we had a goodbye dinner at what seemed to me like a very fancy restaurant. A small group of us hung out afterwards at a bar outside and the last night was instantly ruined by a Canadian girl in our group who thought the nights topic of conversation should be on the lines of things such as rape. Once she got on a roll there was no one stopping her (clearly she doesn't go out a lot). After about an hour of this one-sided lecture of her views on some pretty terrible topics of conversation, I had enough and proposed to leave. On a brighter note, I found out my host family who are two 43 years olds, Pedro and Christina. Pedro has two kids, a boy and a girl, 16 and 12 respectively, who visit on the weekends. I live on Avda. de Bonn, 21 - 7 D and live pretty far away from the other students on the trip, as well as, a 50 minute commute to the university. I am excited to get settled in and explore the city for the next couple months. I am definitely looking forward to get out to Munich for Oktoberfest in a couple weeks, and will try to get another post in once I get everything situated in Madrid.
Joey

No comments:

Post a Comment