Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Madrid So Far...

So it's my second day in Madrid, and though we are all still getting accustomed to the city and university, it has been a very fun and unique experience so far. Yesterday we picked out some classes for most of the day and everyone was pretty tired for the most part. We went to this sandwich place and for a couple euro you could get the biggest sandwich ever. I ate half yesterday and the other half for lunch today. This morning I got a little lost and was late for my language written exam for spanish class placement. I blew through it and still finished before half of the class. While speaking with our program director regarding reimbursements for activities throughout the city, she brought up multiple times that orgies would not be reimbursed and we were all dying of laughter. After that we took the train back into the city and a couple of guys and I bummed around, what we found out to be, the gay community. This made sense because we went to the area where the guide book told us we could buy shoes for one of our friends. We stopped at one point and had a calamari sandwich that was insanely good and a Spaniard at the restaurant told me I speak Mexican spanish. After hours of walking around joking around in the city, we parted ways. On the way home a man came onto the metro with an amp and an acoustic guitar and started jamming on the train, which definitely helped pass the time on the ride home. While walking back I ran into a little boy running around with his parents wearing no pants. At this point I realized how many little, 'cultural' experiences I have had in Spain and how little I am going to remember. Even in this blog post I am certain to have forgotten many little details about the culture and things I have seen so far. Nevertheless, I will continue to post what is going on to the best of my ability. Classes start next Monday so I hope this week should be pretty relaxing overall. Going to go eat dinner with my host family so yeah.
Joey

2 comments:

  1. Oh and we also went into a clothing store where, instead of candy or something, at the check out there was Kraken rum and vials to take shots. We all took some (though there was a 5 shot limit per customer). What a place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also went to this futuristic mall that was pretty disturbing as it was something you would see in a movie that depicts how the future will be.

    ReplyDelete