Thursday, August 23, 2012

Day 1/2

Disclaimer: I've been up for well over 24 hours and nothing too interesting happened today. Sorry, Dan...

When I walked through JFK this morning, I realized I hadn't been there since Birthright and began to reminisce as I waited eight hours for my flight to Madrid. Once I met up with some Wes kids the time passed much more quickly. The inflight entertainment was made up of me sitting next to a fairly large woman with a little chihuahua and watching Hunger Games. We then had another five hour layover in Madrid for our flight out to Santiago de Compsotela (a small town in the northwest corner of Spain). When our flight arrived, we walked out on the runway onto a little prop and continued on our brief one hour flight to the final destination. After 10 of us, including myself, didn't receive their checked luggage, we hopped on a bus and proceeded to get our rooms in a dorm that is clearly in the process of being heavily renovated. Then we got a quick lunch of some very terrible pizza and other assorted cafeteria food. Our classes and excursions begin tomorrow and I'm certain there will be some more interesting stories to tell besides two guys on the program killing a bottle of duty-free cognac to pass the time in the Madrid airport. Heading off to some orientation info sessions now, so I'll leave it at this until maƱana. Maybe Barack will write something about his Chinese-Taipei extravaganzas...
Joey

No comments:

Post a Comment