Monday, August 27, 2012

Update 8/27

Santiago de Compostela has been great and we finally got the afternoon off so I had some free time to regroup and just chill for a bit. The eating schedule here is fairly interesting and I believe I am losing way too much weight. 125 almost seems realistic at this point. I have been so busy I haven't had any time to do anything let alone sleep and surprisingly don't feel too sleep deprived at all. I am looking forward to heading back to Madrid next week, but don't particularly want the awesome times here to end what seems like so abruptly. We are taking two classes here in Santiago and they are pass/fail so I ended up just winging my presentation today, which surprisingly worked out better than expected. Basically, all the Wesleyan/Vassar kids are hitting it off and having a great time. In addition, Colgate has a program that parallels ours and a couple of us have gotten to be friendly with them as well. With all the programs combined there are about 8 guys, most from Wes, which is nice because we are becoming what seems like a little, tight knit group. The night life here is insane and never seems to disappoint. We typically have gone out around 10pm for tapas and then after the bars Spaniards end up going out to the discotecas around 4am. Good indicators of a failing economy? Given how much more free time I have I will try to keep posting more regularly, but we'll see. Hi Dan
Joey

No comments:

Post a Comment