Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Justification of the Inquistion

So last night, Monday, who came to Santiago de Compostela, but Mr. Tom Jones himself. A couple of guy and I headed off to find some dinner when we stopped off at a schwarma-like place, which was the best meal here yet. After that we went through the rain to see Tom Jones live. Though sadly he did not end up playing She's a Lady. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIfxBthfFkg After a very interesting concert we met up with some other Wes kids for a light night at a bar and called it a night shortly after. This morning after not reading the play and having to write a paragraph on it I proceeded to my second class only to sit for an hour and 45 minutes having the man deny and attempt to justify the Spanish Inquisition. He made consistent comments about truths and myths, one myth being that the Inquisition did not persecute Jews and Muslims. While walking out of class, a kid in my group commented how he would like to his perspectives on the Holocaust. I've been catching up on some sleep in exchange for breakfast/lunch today and am heading out on an official tour of the famous Santiago Catedral, where earlier in the week I saw an exhibit on the Codex Calixtinus. I will leave it at that for now. Also, the exercise room here is extremely pathetic, as a kid on my group and I attempted to be somewhat productive yesterday. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cathedral_of_Santiago_de_Compostela
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codex_Calixtinus

No comments:

Post a Comment