Monday, August 27, 2012

Well it's been tough to write anything about my time here until now- We've been running all over the place. We went to Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial a few days ago and that was great, and I'll post the pictures once I figure out how to do that. My roommate Mario should be moving in shortly-he's a really cool guy that plays some amazing music, I might post some on here with his permission. I managed to get sick within a week of being here, hopefully I'll shake off this cold and get better soon.

I've had a lot of fun so far getting to know the other people in my program (including finding out that most of the males in the program got interested in it by playing Dynasty Warriors), and exploring Taibei. The thing is, no one warned me how much I would realize my situation in the States is. I have great friends, a loving family, and that became readily apparent when it hit me that I will be here for another 3 1/2 months. All I can say is that I miss my parents, my brothers, my baby sister, and all of my extended family Everyone at Wes and friends from Glenview who have probably gone back to school, and those who are still waiting for that day to come faster. Hope you all are having as good of a time as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment